Thursday, March 23, 2006

Process: Writing

After a hiatus, I have resumed writing my dissertation.

I had to take a break from my writing not because I needed one or because I was collecting data. I coordinate the efforts of the instructors of the technology integration course that I teach online. As the other instructors are new, I also guide them based on my experience.

That was the easy part and something I enjoy doing. It was the unexpected surprise that we had to make changes to the course a few weeks into the semester that caught me off guard. Suffice to say that the changes were politically-motivated and I'll leave it at that. As instructors, we stood in the middle and of the "powers-that-be" and our students and did what we had to do. Needless to say that it was time-consuming.

But I am glad to regain my focus despite this setback. I have revisted the first three chapters of my disseration and am in the process of revising it. Chapters on results and so forth are still at least two or three weeks away, so I have to push my timeline back a bit. This is eating up quite a bit of the buffer I planned for!

I must remember to sound my committee out for a defence date... probably some time in June or early July at this rate!

No comments: