I have just completed a report for my trial study. The main goal of this study was to test and refine the reflection rubric designed by Hawkes and Romiszowski (2001) for use in my dissertation. I killed two birds with one stone by submitting the report as a term paper for my computer-mediated discourse analysis class.
The rubric was quite usable for my small sample of in-service teachers. However, the study data only covered the early phase of their professional development and I was not able to get a clear answer to one of my research questions ("How did reflection levels change over time?").
The study could have used more participants and would have benefitted from an expanded data set but I did not want to invest too much time and effort on a trial. Despite some design flaws, the results might help PIHnet researchers to plan for the future and might contribute to papers the group is planning to write.
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment