Sunday, March 27, 2005

Literature: Reflection

I am currently reading a book edited by Vrasidas, C., & Glass, G. V. (2004). Online Professional Development for Teachers. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing.

By a serendipidous flip of the page, I chanced upon chapter 4 (A Computer-mediated Community of Learners in Teacher Education, pp. 51-67) written by Greene, H. C., & Magliaro, S. G. They offered some useful references on reflection. I will definitely be looking for:

Crotty, T., & Allyn, D. (2001). Evaluating student reflections. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 459174).
- reflection as a cognitive outcome scale

Brubacher, J., Case, C., & Reagan, T. (1994). Becoming a reflective educator: How to build a culture of inquiry in the schools. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- general reference
- how reflection is a means of guiding future action, not just looking back at the past

Valli, L. (1992). Reflective teacher education. Albany: State University of New York Press.
- general reference
- how reflection is a means of guiding future action, not just looking back at the past

No comments: