Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Research 2.0!

I seem to be swinging from one area of research to another. It's almost like being a graduate student in search of a dissertation topic all over again!

But I have found a way to establish a clear research agenda. I recently applied for a startup research grant and got it. I was pleasantly surprised because it was quite competitive and I had only two days to put it together.

I am now concentrating on Web 2.0 technologies. Specifically, I would like to know if they can live up to their potential in the educational arena. I am particularly interested in how they might transform pedagogy (the science and art of teaching).

I will need to read up more on examples of use as well as any empirical research. I would like to avoid publishing anecdotes unless something I do is truly outstanding.

No comments: