Time for another update!
I have had to recruit participants over three weeks to get the numbers I have now. I have half the number I was planning for, but I have been given the go ahead from my dissertation chair.
I am now waiting for the participants to complete their surveys online. The deadline was last Friday but most did not complete it, so I have extended it by another week. I think I might have to bring paper copies to them in order to get them to complete the first survey.
Telling them that it only takes less than 5 minutes to complete doesn’t seem to help. (In fact, most take a minute or two based on online time logs.) But getting timely responses for surveys is always a problem. Once the surveys are in, I will need to analyze them to a) describe my sample and b) identify suitable interviewees.
I have also started collecting my first set of online discourse data. This bit is tedious because I have to copy specific content from the forum or blog, and then paste and arrange the content into a spreadsheet. But this will make the coding much easier.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment