I am in the process of writing my dissertation proposal.
I recall sitting in front of a panel of fellow doctoral students who were further on in the process. One piece of advice that stuck in my mind was "keep writing". I see the wisdom of that statement now.
Writing has helped me reflect on the methods I intend to use and on how the literature review should lead up to the problem statement and my research questions. It has also focused my readings by giving me a list of things to look out for, e.g., how various types of scaffolds support reflection.
The other thing I remember the panel saying was what was not writing. For example, formatting text or populating the references section, did not count as writing. How right they were! If it does not help you think about your research, it is not writing!
It sounds simple but it's true. It is very easy to get distracted.
Sunday, July 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment